Thursday 8 January 2015

Yes, that's right. I name my craft things.

One of my most treasured possessions is my sewing machine.  When Mum and Dad got me it a few Christmasses ago, they wrote on a label "Believe in your ability and this will become your true friend".  I remember this every time I flick the switch on the side to turn it on.  I also remember it when I get cross because the thread it all taffled!!  It is a "brother" sewing machine so it made sense to name it Cadfael!

Then there is Grace - the very beautiful but not very practical vintage sewing machine.  I bought this at an auction a few months ago - I just couldn't help myself!  It's a lovely machine, with some very tatty instructions, which I would love to see working but I need some longer bobbins.  When Mum was teaching me to sew, she wanted to teach me on her great grandma's machine - a non electric one - but unfortunately it wasn't working so I've never used one like that before.  I can't wait to try it!

My spinning wheel...I haven't named yet.  It sits in the corner of my room and stares defiantly at me.  It taunts me!  Once I have finally learned to use it, I might give it a name but I'll probably call it something terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment