Tuesday 7 October 2014

Craft Workshops

A recent idea I've had is to run a craft workshop here in Caithness.  It is only in the early stages of planning - I don't even know what date it will be - but I've been emailing round venues trying to get an idea of the price.

At the moment, I'm hoping it will be an evening in the last week of November in Wick.

I'm hoping to start a rag rug course.  It's been suggested that I do rag decorations or a Christmas wreath and I think this is an excellent idea as rag rugs takes at least a couple of days.  What do you think?

@ragqueen57 has sent me some pictures of some amazing decorations made from rags.  Check it out: http://twitpic.com/echtrk and http://twitpic.com/echtre !!  I just love making Christmassy things!

Another idea is a Christmas Craft Workshop (sequin baubles, advent calender etc)....any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I have booked the castlehill heritage centre for crafting with some friends this saturday from 11 until 4pm, if you can pop over and see, we can help debug any issues you have :-) and you may get extra hands to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great but I can't make it this Saturday - so disappointed! I might have to pick your brains at some point about workshops though!! Haha. Have a great crafting session - I'm jealous!

      Delete